‘Business as usual’ for historic pub after fire service fight chimney fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have prevented a historic pub in Thornham Magna from going up in flames after a small fire started in the chimney of the building.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called at 6.15pm to reports of a fire in the chimney space of The Four Horseshoes Inn, in Wickham Road.
Five fire engines from Diss, Harleston, Stradbroke, Eye and Debenham were all deployed to the call.
The small fire was contained to the chimney flue and did not spread to the thatched roof of the pub, which has not been damaged by the fire.
A spokeswoman from the pub said: “It is business as usual here at The Four Horseshoes.
“The pub has not been damaged at all and we are open as usual to all customers.”
There are no reported injuries and the ambulance service have not been called.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 4 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 5 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
- 7 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after being 'seriously' assaulted by 'several' men
- 9 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 10 'A really special effort' - McKenna's verdict on 3-0 win v MK Dons
The fire service called a stop to the incident at 7pm.