‘Business as usual’ for historic pub after fire service fight chimney fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have prevented a historic pub in Thornham Magna from going up in flames after a small fire started in the chimney of the building.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called at 6.15pm to reports of a fire in the chimney space of The Four Horseshoes Inn, in Wickham Road.
Five fire engines from Diss, Harleston, Stradbroke, Eye and Debenham were all deployed to the call.
The small fire was contained to the chimney flue and did not spread to the thatched roof of the pub, which has not been damaged by the fire.
A spokeswoman from the pub said: “It is business as usual here at The Four Horseshoes.
You may also want to watch:
“The pub has not been damaged at all and we are open as usual to all customers.”
There are no reported injuries and the ambulance service have not been called.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
The fire service called a stop to the incident at 7pm.