The George, in Shalford, goes up for sale for £295k
- Credit: Archant
A 16th Century pub in a north Essex village is up for sale with a guide price of £295,000.
The George Inn, in The Street, Shalford, is a Grade II-listed heavily-timbered medieval pub.
Property specialists Fleurets, who are marketing the pub, say it is a popular drive-to destination to eat at.
The current landlord is retiring and the owner has decided to sell the pub.
Under its current licence the bar can open from 10am until 1am seven days a week.
You may also want to watch:
The open plan bar with two fireplaces is accompanied by a dining area and commercial kitchen, while there is also a three-bedroom domestic living accomodation at the pub.
A patio for pub-goaers and large car park is included at the property.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Woman's body found in village home
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
The guide price includes trade furniture and equipment.