Visually impaired woman, 81, has purse stolen in Suffolk shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
A visually impaired woman in her 80s had her purse stolen while in a Suffolk shopping centre.
The woman, 81, had been shopping in The Guineas Shopping Centre in Newmarket around noon on Saturday, January 11.
After buying some items in the pound shop, the woman then went to the Card Factory before realising her purse had gone missing when she tried to pay.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the woman is visually impaired and thanked staff at the shop for helping her during the incident.
The purse is described as brown leather with a brass clasp and is said to hold great sentimental value to the woman.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information that may help Suffolk police with their enquiries should contact them on 101, quoting crime reference 37/2207/20.
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight