The puzzle of ‘Johnny Depp’ Suffolk sighting is solved
THE true identity of a couple who were rumoured to be Hollywood stars Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis when they were spotted in a Suffolk town can be revealed.
Claire Renvoize and boyfriend Danny Lopez were pictured during a romantic day out in Framlingham by fans who thought they were the famous duo.
And as you can see from these photos, they do bear an uncanny resemblance to their more famous counterparts.
Miss Renvoize said: “Danny is American and he has been a Johnny Depp impersonator for about seven years.
“I originally did a Kylie tribute but we have been working together as Johnny and Vanessa for about six months.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair are also a couple, although they try to keep their work and private lives separate, according to Miss Renvoize.
“We were dressed down and just being ourselves when we were photographed,” said the 39-year-old, formerly of Ixworth.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
“We wanted to have a day out somewhere and you know what Americans are like about castles, so I looked it up online and found Framlingham.
“I had never been there before and it was nice to have some quiet time together, there were only about 10 other people there all day.”
However as they left, a group of girls spotted them and mistook them for the Hollywood stars.
“It is a compliment, no matter how many years you have been doing it, it is flattering when people think they recognise you,” she said.
Her boyfriend, who is from Los Angeles, in California, said: “We were quite amused. Our resemblance generates quite an interest wherever we go.”
He added: “We had an amazing time that day, I absolutely loved the castle. Johnny is a big student of French history and I am a big fan of English history.”
And the similarities do not end there, because Mr Lopez also shares a birthday with the Pirates of the Caribbean star – both were born on June 9, 1963.
Mr Lopez said: “I am also a musician like Johnny and an actor.
“When he first started out we used to go for the same parts and it would really confuse casting directors when I went in after him.
“I am always mistaken for him and Johnny does know about me.
“I have been lucky enough to do some personal double work for him.”
The latest instalment in the Pirates of the Caribbean series is currently being shot and is due to be released next year, meaning interest in the couple is expected to increase.
“We are so like them that they are making a TV show on us here in America,” Mr Lopez said.