The Ramsholt Arms pub praised in prestigious Michelin guide
It already boasts one of the most desirable locations in the county – but now a riverside Suffolk pub has gained a coveted mark of approval for its gastronomic offering.
The Ramsholt Arms, which sits at the edge of the Deben on the way to Bawdsey, has been awarded a recommendation in this year’s edition of the Michelin Guide.
The pub was taken over in 2013 by husband and wife, Polly and Max Durrant, along with head chef and Mrs Durrant’s brother, Will Hardiman – the team behind the Ufford Crown.
A kitchen fire last January meant only cold food could be served for two months but the menu had already made an impression on visiting Michelin reviewers.
Mrs Durrant said: “We opened in June 2013 and within the first six months were inspected by Michelin.
You may also want to watch:
“They contacted us to let us know we would be included in the 2015 edition of the Michelin guide.
“We were thrilled that we had been selected to be in the guide, it is a great accolade for us, especially with the business being so young.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
“We pride ourselves on offering good value, homemade food with fresh local ingredients – sourcing fish and samphire from the river that the pub sits on from Simpers, offering Thorpeness salad leaves and prime cuts of meat from local farms.
“We are so delighted that the food has been given this recommendation but of course another good reason to visit us is the great location. We have just finished refurbishing the outside terrace of the pub with new Indian sandstone paving and new furniture.
“The pub is a great place to enjoy the view over the River Deben and the only pub in Suffolk where you can watch the sun setting over the river so now our customers can sit outside and enjoy drinks and a meal in style and comfort.”
The Ramsholt Arms is popular with boat owners moored nearby and attracts visitors from further afield in the summer. With the busy season approaching, the pub is currently on the lookout for new staff.
Mrs Durrant said: “Now that the sun is shining and the pub is getting busier we are looking for experienced bar and waiting staff to join our team. We would love to hear from anyone who is looking for part time or full time work and has experience in this field. This could be for summer work or could lead to progression within the company.”
Anyone interested can apply at jobs24.co.uk