Kitchen fire spreads through house in village
- Credit: SUFFOLK FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
Firefighters from across west Suffolk have spent the evening battling a kitchen blaze in Cavenham.
Six fire crews have been tackling the fire at a two-storey house in the village, north west of Bury St Edmunds, since 5.40pm this evening.
A further four crews were on standby.
The fire had started in the kitchen and spread throughout the property, with firefighters having to gain access to the loft in an attempt to stop the fire spreading further.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said one man is receiving treatment from the ambulance service for burns to his hand.
The fire was extinguished by 7.30pm, although crews remain at the scene to dampen down.
The spokesman added a fire investigation is set to take place.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 4 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 7 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 8 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 9 Man found with 10,000 indecent images escapes jail
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
Police have been controlling traffic in The Street while operations continue.