Kitchen fire spreads through house in village
- Credit: SUFFOLK FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
Firefighters from across west Suffolk have spent the evening battling a kitchen blaze in Cavenham.
Six fire crews have been tackling the fire at a two-storey house in the village, north west of Bury St Edmunds, since 5.40pm this evening.
A further four crews were on standby.
The fire had started in the kitchen and spread throughout the property, with firefighters having to gain access to the loft in an attempt to stop the fire spreading further.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said one man is receiving treatment from the ambulance service for burns to his hand.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished by 7.30pm, although crews remain at the scene to dampen down.
The spokesman added a fire investigation is set to take place.
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 7 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
Police have been controlling traffic in The Street while operations continue.