Kitchen fire spreads through house in village
- Credit: SUFFOLK FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
Firefighters from across west Suffolk have spent the evening battling a kitchen blaze in Cavenham.
Six fire crews have been tackling the fire at a two-storey house in the village, north west of Bury St Edmunds, since 5.40pm this evening.
A further four crews were on standby.
The fire had started in the kitchen and spread throughout the property, with firefighters having to gain access to the loft in an attempt to stop the fire spreading further.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said one man is receiving treatment from the ambulance service for burns to his hand.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished by 7.30pm, although crews remain at the scene to dampen down.
The spokesman added a fire investigation is set to take place.
- 1 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 2 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 'Just the type of player we need' - Town fans react to signing rapid winger Thomas
- 7 Suffolk coronavirus vaccine concerns – your questions answered
- 8 Woman, 58, caught drink-driving twice in two months
- 9 Incredible home with unprecedented views and access to River Stour for sale
- 10 Reverend praises community spirit after church was targeted by gang of thieves
Police have been controlling traffic in The Street while operations continue.