The top most watched TV shows in 2017 have been revealed
- Credit: BBC/Rachel Butler
Did your favourite show make the list?
The top 10 most watched TV shows in 2017 have been revealed.
At number one was Blue Planet II which was aired on BBC One. On October 29 the show managed to get 14.1 million views.
The wildlife series which was narrated by Sir David Attenborough included footage of walruses fighting to find a home along with dazzling scenes of surfing dolphins and a sex-changing fish.
The success of this show was enough for the BBC to hold on to its title as the home of the biggest TV audience of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Second place also went to the BBC due to the 13 million people who watched the final of Strictly Come Dancing.
The final saw Joe McFadden and his dance partner Kataya Jones lift the glitterball trophy.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Gameday: 'Lots of work to do' - Town fans on Millwall defeat
Close behind in third place was ITV’s I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!, which attracted an audience of 12.7 million for its launch episode.