Get tickets for exclusive pop-up dinner with The Unruly Pig in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Award-winnign pub to cook with students at Suffolk New College.
An award-winning Suffolk gastropub will be cooking up an evening of fine dining at a college in Ipswich next month.
The Unruly Pig recently received the highest local rating in the 2018 Good Food Guide.
The team will be bringing this accolade and many other awards - along with their passion and expertise for one night of food indulgence – to an event that will take place at Shelley’s restaurant - based at Suffolk New College (SNC) in Ipswich - on Thursday, May 24.
The occasion – beginning at 6.30pm – is open to members of the public, who will have the chance to enjoy a three-course meal accompanied by canapés, cocktails and coffee.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Martin, a hospitality lecturer at the college. said, “We have hosted quite a few special evenings this year at Shelley’s. They have proved very popular and this link up with The Unruly Pig is creating quite a buzz. The menu they have created is mouthwatering so I’m sure that diners will not be disappointed.”
This event will also be an opportunity for hospitality students to learn new skills from The Unruly Pig’s head chef Dave Wall, who has worked side by side with the likes of Gordon Ramsey.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
Learners will also receive a cocktail-making masterclass from The Unruly Pig’s team who were named as ‘Best Front of House Team 2018’ in the recent Estrella Damm UK Top 50 Gastropub Awards.
Owner of The Unruly Pig, Brendan Padfield, said, “It’s a real treat for us to be coming to Suffolk New College. We can’t wait to bring our exceptional food and dining experience to Ipswich.
“Our team is also looking forward to working with students at the college where they will offer them advice and knowledge that will help hopefully give them (the students) an edge when they finish their course and begin their careers.”
Tickets coast £30.00 per person. To book a table you can call 01473 382500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org