The Unruly Pig, Bromeswell, listed in top three for Estrella front of house award
Top 50 gastropub The Unruly Pig in Bromeswell has been named as a nationwide finalist in the 2018 Estrella Damm Gastropub Awards 2018.
Hot on the heels of being announced one ofthe top 50 gastropubs in the UK and being recommended in the Michelin, Harden, AA and Good Pub Guides, The Unruly Pig in Bromeswell is celebrating being a finalist for Front of House Team of the Year in the Estrella Damm UK Top 50 Gastropubs Awards.
The pub is one of onky three listed nationall, with the overall winner to be announced a ceremony in York on January 29, 2018.
“Whatever the outcome on the day, it is a privilage and honour to have even reached the final,” says owner Brendan Padfield. “The team’s hard work means they go from strength to strength. They have made an old man oh so happy.”
Less than two years ago, a shrot while after opening, The Unruly Pig was still in a sorry state following following a catastrophic fire which destroyed over 40% of the building,resulting in the business being closed for six months with Brendan saying: “I wondered if I would ever have the energy to rise from the ashes. It’s been such a rollercoaster since we re-opened but I now feel so proud of what head chef Dave Wall and the whole Unruly Pig team have achieved, I just sit back and the kitchen and front of house teams do all the hard yards. Dave is such a remarkable talent and has stuck with me thought very difficult times after the fire and that is something I’ll never forget. I am very lucky to work with such a brilliant chef.”
You may also want to watch:
Before joining The Unruly Pig Dave Wall worked at London’s Bibendum restaurant, for Gordon Ramsey at Claridges and The Boxwood Cafe and latterly at Le Talbooth in Dedham, while Brendan had long career as a solicitor.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Seven observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 loss to West Ham U21s
- 9 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 10 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change