The Unruly Pig gastropub in Woodbridge takes home prestigious Estrella Damm UK Top 50 award
- Credit: Archant
The Unruly Pig in Woodbridge was awarded “Best Front of House Team of the Year 2018” at the prestigious awards ceremony in York.
A decorated gastropub in Bromeswell has won yet another national award.
The Unruly Pig was awarded Best Front of House Team of the Year at the Top 50 Gastropubs Awards 2018, held in York this week.
This is the latest in a string of national accolades scooped by the pub since it suffered a catastrophic fire in June 2015, just 12 weeks after opening.
Owner Brendan Padfield said: “It was privilege enough to have been shortlisted as a finalist but to have joined such an array of restaurant and gastropub royalty at the awards was a real honour. There’s no magic formula.
You may also want to watch:
“It is down to sheer hard work but also a passion and determination to try to be the best. I always tell the team that they should be themselves and bring some genuine warmth and welcome to all our customers.
“Great food and no pretension, that’s what we are about and that is why I believe we have won this much coveted award. I am absolutely thrilled.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 7 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
The Unruly Pig, which has a team of 35 staff including 10 chefs, is the only Estrella Damm Uk Top 50 Gastropub in East Anglia and boasts recommendations by Michelin, Harden’s, The Sunday Times and Financial Times, with the highest local rating in The Good Food Guide 2018.
The pub was named ‘Best Pub in Suffolk’ in 2016/17 by the Great British Pub Awards, and is also recommended by both the AA Pub Guide and The Good Pub Guide.