The White Hart in Hadleigh is attracting a lot of interest from buyers, say owners Punch Taverns
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Hadleigh which has been on the market since 2012 is attracting “a lot of interest”, according to owners Punch Taverns.
The White Hart pub in Bridge Street has failed to attract a buyer for the freehold for the last two years.
It is being marketed by Everard Cole and is currently on the market for £260,000.
A spokesman for Punch Taverns said: “Punch Taverns can confirm that the White Hart has been available for purchase on the open market since 2012.
“We review our estate regularly and consider sites for sale which might better fulfil their potential under different ownership.
You may also want to watch:
“The current tenants are aware of our intentions and are trading the business until the freehold interest is sold.
“We can also confirm that there has been a lot of interest in the site, with many of the parties interested in keeping it open as a pub.”
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
However Tony Addison from Hadleigh Chamber of Commerce Community Interest Company said the competition from other pubs might be too much for the White Hart, and if Babergh District Council was to move away from the town it could suffer further.
He said: “It is out of the High Street, off to one end. Other places like that have had the same sort of problems.
“It could be viable but if Babergh move out I don’t think there is much trade for it.”