Theatre-goers want big names to return to the Spa Pavilion stage
- Credit: Archant
Owners of a seaside theatre have extended the deadline for a consultation exercise to gain people’s views on how they would like to see the theatre develop.
It had been intended to close the month-long consultation on the Spa Pavilion at Felixstowe at the end of last month but NRG Theatres said the survey would now continue online until July 14 to enable as many people as possible to take part.
A company spokesman said it had received some “great feedback” since the theatre’s relaunch event.
The plan is to announce the results of the consultation in August.
“We have already received 250 completed questionnaires, with overwhelming support for the return of big names and proper theatre to Felixstowe,” said the spokesman.
NRG, which bought the theatre from Suffolk Coastal council, has said that all options are open, but the management team is clearly looking at the possibility of extending the building – perhaps adding a 200-seat studio or community theatre space to the current auditorium for smaller, more intimate shows, or even putting in a second tier of seating to create a 2,000-seat venue in order to attract big names from TV and music.
One of the initial projects could see the current restaurant turned into a cafe and bar, with the old kiosks on the ground floor becoming a new restaurant.
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 7 Matchday Live: Blues and Dons level at the break
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 9 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 10 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
The spokesman said: “We have been working furiously behind the scenes on our planning.
“Our first season of shows will start later in the year, perhaps as early as October depending on how we get on with the refurbishment.
“We also have a brand new website, a new logo and will have on-line booking for our events up and running by the end of July, we are just finalising the interface of the payments systems and software.”
NRG has already announced that the Dennis Lowe Theatre Company will present a pantomime this Christmas and details of an autumn line-up of shows is expected soon.