Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds seeks young cast members for Goodnight Mister Tom production
- Credit: Archant
The successful summer school project at the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds is back with a brand new production of Michelle Magorian’s Goodnight Mister Tom.
Following the success of last year’s Our Day Out: The Musical, the project gives young people an exciting opportunity to work either on stage alongside a professional cast or behind the scenes with the theatre’s technical teams.
The summer school runs from Monday, July 30, until Saturday, September 8, encompassing the whole run of the show – Friday, August 24 to – Saturday, September 8 – and has been opened out to young people aged from nine to 20-years-old.
The first stage of auditions have already taken place but the theatre is still looking for talented boys and girls aged 10-13, who can act and sing to play key roles in the production.
The successful applicants will need to be available from July 30 right through the summer – and including all of the scheduled performances.
You may also want to watch:
The next round of auditions will take place on Monday, June 4, from 6.30pm-9pm.
Interested applicants can contact email@example.com
- 1 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing