Thetford/Barnham: Road reopens following fatal three car accident on A134 near Thetford
Police are investigating how three cars travelling in opposite directions collided on a busy single carriageway this morning, killing the driver of a Golf.
The red VW Golf was heading into Thetford on the A134 when the collision happened with an Audi heading in the opposite direction towards Bury St Edmunds, at Barnham Cross Common, shortly before 6am. An Alfa Romeo was also involved in the accident.
The road was closed in both directions between Barnham Crossroads and Thetford while police and fire crews also dealt with an oil spill and reopened at 11.30am.
The driver of the Golf, a man in his 60s from Bury St Edmunds, died at the scene, while the three people in the Audi were taken to the West Suffolk Hospital with minor injuries.
Sgt Peter Howlett, of Swaffham road policing team, said specialist officers had been drafted in to determine where the vehicles were in the road at the time of the incident.
He added: “We are investigating how a number of vehicles travelling in opposite directions have collided with each other.”
Officers want to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the fatal accident or the manner of driving of the vehicles involved beforehand, Contact Sgt Peter Howlett at Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.
- 1 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 10 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
Did you witness the crash or do you know anyone involved in the accident?
If so contact firstname.lastname@example.org