Thetford/Barnham: Road reopens following fatal three car accident on A134 near Thetford
Police are investigating how three cars travelling in opposite directions collided on a busy single carriageway this morning, killing the driver of a Golf.
The red VW Golf was heading into Thetford on the A134 when the collision happened with an Audi heading in the opposite direction towards Bury St Edmunds, at Barnham Cross Common, shortly before 6am. An Alfa Romeo was also involved in the accident.
The road was closed in both directions between Barnham Crossroads and Thetford while police and fire crews also dealt with an oil spill and reopened at 11.30am.
The driver of the Golf, a man in his 60s from Bury St Edmunds, died at the scene, while the three people in the Audi were taken to the West Suffolk Hospital with minor injuries.
Sgt Peter Howlett, of Swaffham road policing team, said specialist officers had been drafted in to determine where the vehicles were in the road at the time of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We are investigating how a number of vehicles travelling in opposite directions have collided with each other.”
Officers want to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the fatal accident or the manner of driving of the vehicles involved beforehand, Contact Sgt Peter Howlett at Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
Did you witness the crash or do you know anyone involved in the accident?
If so contact firstname.lastname@example.org