Thetford: Blondie and The Script set to play forest gig
US rock band Blondie and Dublin band The Script will embark on a very special tour of the nation’s woodlands next summer, including a gig at Thetford Forest.
Blondie, known for hits such as Denis, Rapture and Atomic, will play on Saturday, June 15, as part of Forest Live, an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship.
And The Script who have had success with We Cry, The Man Who Can’t Be Moved, Nothing and For The First Time will be taking to the stage on Thursday, July 11.
Income generated from ticket sales is spent on improving the local forests for both people and wildlife.
With everything required for a great night out, including full catering and bar facilities, the gigs are renowned for their relaxed atmosphere.
Tickets are on sale for both gigs from 9am on Friday and for more details visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man