Thetford: Blondie and The Script set to play forest gig
US rock band Blondie and Dublin band The Script will embark on a very special tour of the nation’s woodlands next summer, including a gig at Thetford Forest.
Blondie, known for hits such as Denis, Rapture and Atomic, will play on Saturday, June 15, as part of Forest Live, an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship.
And The Script who have had success with We Cry, The Man Who Can’t Be Moved, Nothing and For The First Time will be taking to the stage on Thursday, July 11.
Income generated from ticket sales is spent on improving the local forests for both people and wildlife.
With everything required for a great night out, including full catering and bar facilities, the gigs are renowned for their relaxed atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are on sale for both gigs from 9am on Friday and for more details visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 9 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections