Thetford: Deacon Blue the latest act for Thetford Forest concert
- Credit: Archant
Music lovers can get an exclusive look at Scottish band Deacon Blue this summer after they became the latest act to be announced for a concert in west Suffolk.
The Scottish rockers are performing their only headline shows this year at this summer’s Forest Live series - including one at Thetford Forest in July.
The band released their seventh album last year, and have twice topped the UK album charts.
Frontman Ricky Ross said: “This is a new adventure for the band. We are looking forward to bringing the full Deacon Blue live experience to these unique locations.”
Deacon Blue released their debut album Raintown in 1987, withb their second album two years later - When the World Knows Your Name - reached the top of the album charts. It was from this album they had their first UK top 10 with Real Gone Kid.
Renowned for their diversity, other signature tunes include Chocolate Girl, Wages Day and Fergus Sings the Blues.
They are performing at Thetford Forest on Sunday, July 13, joining Boyzone and Katherine Jenkins in playing at the forest this summer.
To book tickets visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 9 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong