Thetford Forest: Crews tackling large fire are making “good progress”
- Credit: Archant
DOZENS of firefighters are at the scene of a blaze in a 10,000sq metre area of Thetford Forest.
Nine crews consisting of forty firefighters are tackling the blaze and are making “good progress”.
The crews have surrounded the fire and are now damping down. Smoke from the blaze had blocked the A134 in places.
Firefighters were called to the scene, between Harling Drove and Santon Downham at about 3.25pm today (April 18).
The fire service called police to the scene and asked them to direct traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police tweeted: “Smoke blowing across road from forest fire. Fire Service in attendance. Slow down and approach with caution.”
A fire service spokesman said there was nothing to suggest the cause of the blaze or how long it would take to fully extinguish.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash