Thetford: James confirm Forest Live show
- Credit: Contributed
JAMES, one of the UK’s most influential indie bands, has announced an East Anglian summer concert performing as part of Forest Live.
Formed in Manchester in 1982, James’ anthemic indie pop hits include: ‘Sit Down’, ‘She’s A Star’, ‘Laid’, ‘Born Of Frustration’, ‘Sometimes’ and ‘Getting Away With It (All Messed Up)’ amongst 20 Top 40 singles.
In a career spanning over 3 decades, top 10 albums like ‘Gold Mother’, ‘Seven’, ‘Laid, ‘Whiplash’ and ‘Millionaires’ have contributed to over 13 million worldwide album sales.
Famed for their live performances, their festival CV includes international appearances at Lollapalooza and Coachella (USA), Rock In Rio (Brazil), and Glastonbury, Hard Rock Calling and Isle of Wight closer to home.
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship. Income generated from ticket sales is spent on improving the local forests for both people and wildlife. Forest Live concerts are renowned for their safe and relaxed atmosphere in fantastic woodland settings.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the date, James frontman Tim Booth said, “We’re up for this. It’s our first ever Forest Live gig and we can’t wait to get out there on stage.”
James plus special guests will be performing on Thursday June 13 in Thetford Forest.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
Tickets are £38.00 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9am Friday March 15 from the Forestry Commission box office. To get your telephone 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.