Thetford: One man arrested after 100 people attend unlicensed music event
One man has been arrested and equipment has been seized after an unlicensed music event at Thetford Forest overnight.
Police swooped on the event at around 8am this morning having been monitoring it since midnight.
It is believed around 100 people attended throughout the night and up to 40 vehicles parked up, although police blocked access points to prevent further people arriving.
The event was monitored by officers during the early hours of this morning, with intelligence and evidence gathering processes in relation to vehicles and individuals present.
Officers closed the event at around 8am and seized equipment, including speakers, a generator and amplifiers.
One man in his 30s and from the Great Yarmouth area has been arrested on suspicion of being involved in the organisation of an unlicensed music event and for drugs offences.
Superintendent Stuart Gunn said: “Norfolk Constabulary will seek to take positive action, seize equipment and prosecute offenders involved in unlicensed music events which can cause a great deal of distress not just to local people, but can also have an adverse impact on the environment and wildlife.”
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 3 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 4 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 5 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 6 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 9 Severe delays on A14 after lorry sheds load of sand on carriageway
- 10 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
Anyone with any information should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.