Thetford: Police find body in search for missing man
POLICE officers searching for a Thetford man have found a body in their search.
Officers were searching for 58-year-old Roger Allen, who was reported missing from Thetford yesterday.
At 12.15pm today a body was found at Fakenham Magna, a village around five miles south of Thetford.
Formal identification of the body is still to take place and Mr Allen’s next of kin have been informed. Police have said the death is not being treated as suspicious.
Details released by police yesterday said Mr Allen had made threats to harm himself but said he was not thought to pose a danger to members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
A police statement has been released this evening, saying: “The matter will be passed to the coroner and an inquest will be opened in due course.
“Police would like to thank the public and the media for their support in this missing person enquiry.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions