Thetford: Second man bailed in Johanna Young murder investigation
- Credit: PA
The second man arrested in connection with the death of Johanna Young in 1992 has this evening been released on police bail.
Norfolk police said the man, aged in his 30s and from the Thetford area, was bailed pending further enquiries until early June.
A man in his 40s from the Watton area who was arrested yesterday had been released on police bail earlier today, also until the beginning of June.
Johanna, a 14-year-old schoolgirl, was found half-naked in a water-filled pit near the edge of Wayland Wood near Watton on Boxing Day 1992.
In December her parents issued a heartfelt plea to help detectives in their search for new leads.
You may also want to watch:
Johanna left her home in Merton Road in the town on December 23 at 7.30pm but did not return home that night.
Her parents had assumed she was with friends or her boyfriend, but later became worried when she failed to turn up for her paper round on Christmas Eve.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash