Thetford: Woman killed in accident on B1107 at Thetford
A WOMAN has died following an accident in Thetford today.
The incident happened at about 7.15am on the B1107, Brandon Road close to the entrance of Thetford Golf Club about one mile from the A11 junction.
Norfolk Police said it involved a silver Vauxhall Meriva and a female pedestrian in her 20s or 30s.
The road has been closed between the junction with the A11 and Santon Downham and police say is likely to remain closed for several hours. Motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information about it.
You may also want to watch:
They should contact Sgt Peter Howlett at Swaffham Road Police Station on 101.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints