Thief steals cash from pensioner in heartless raid
A HEARTLESS thief stole cash from a man in his 90’s after strolling into his home and claiming he was there to fix the boiler.
The burglary happened in Chepstow Road, Felixstowe yesterday afternoon.
A man, described as white, around 40-years-old and shorter than 5ft 10ins tall, walked in to the home and told the owner, a man in his 90’s, that he had come to fix the boiler.
The burglar then made the resident empty cupboards before leaving the premises.
A short time later is was discovered cash had been taken from wallets and a purse at the address and police were alerted.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the incident occurred at around 3pm yesterday but police would like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area between 1.30pm and 6pm as they may have information that can help the enquiry.
Detectives are particularly keen to trace the occupant of a red VW car – possibly a Golf or similar – which was parked in the road for much of the afternoon and the driver of a large red van which arrived around 5.30pm.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
Officers would also like to speak to a group of boys in their teens who knocked at a door in the road around 5pm.
If you were in the area between these times and saw anything, call Felixstowe CID on 01473 613500.