Thief steals van delivering papers
AN opportunist thief stole a van while the driver was delivering papers to Ipswich Hospital today.
AN opportunist thief stole newspaper delivery van while the driver was taking papers into Ipswich Hospital today.
The driver had been delivering East Anglian Daily Times' to various agents in the area and was making his final drop at the South Ward of the hospital when the theft happened.
The vehicle, which belongs to John Menzies, was taken just before 7.15am.
It was originally said to have been heading in the direction of Woodbridge, but was stopped by police officers as it approached Nacton Road near the A14.
You may also want to watch:
A man is currently in custody having been arrested on suspicion of theft.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid