Thieves steal cash box from security guard
TWO men on a motorbike demanded a cash box from a security guard at an Ipswich retail park, making off with the money this afternoon.
Suffolk police are investigating the theft which happened outside The Range on Suffolk Retail Park at around 12.25pm.
A security guard had collected the cash box, containing money from the store, placing it in his van outside.
Two men on a motorbike then approached him, demanding the box.
He handed it over to them and the men made off.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from Suffolk police said the security guard was not injured in the incident but has been left shaken by the incident.
The man who grabbed the cash box ran off towards Yarmouth Road and out of town.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
He is described as black, around 5ft 10ins and wearing dark coloured clothing and a silver full-face crash helmet.
The other man made off on the motorcycle towards Handford Road.
Detective Sergeant Darren Bruce from Ipswich CID said: “We are extremely keen to hear from anyone who may have any information in relation to this incident.”
Anyone who was in the area around the time the offence occurred or who has any information in relation to this incident is asked to call Ds Darren Bruce at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.