Third arrest in Clacton Boxing Day murder probe
- Credit: Archant
A 34-year-old woman is being questioned by police in connection with the death of a Clacton man.
The woman, from Clacton, was arrested by Essex Police yesterday, Tuesday, March 26 on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder, aggravated burglary and assaulting an emergency worker.
Police have confirmed that she is currently in police custody.
Mr Gillett was found in a flat in Station Road shortly before 7am on Boxing Day, after emergency services had been called to a fire at the address.
A post-mortem examination found that Mr Gillett died as a result of a head injury sustained during the incident.
She is the third person to be arrested in connection with Mr Gillett’s death, with 47-year-old Seth Stollery and 43-year-old Freya Parker-Magowan, both of no fixed address having been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
Stollery and Parker-Magowan are due to stand trial in June.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock