Third arrest in connection with Sible Hedingham shooting
- Credit: Su Anderson
A third man has been arrested in connection with a burglary in which a man was shot.
The 22-year-old man from Halstead was arrested today on suspicion of attempted murder and aggravated burglary.
He has been taken into police custody for questioning.
Another two men, aged 27 and 23, both from Sible Hedingham, were arrested on February 17.
They were released on conditional bail until April 20 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to a house in Rectory Road in Sible Hedingham just before 4.40am on February 6 to reports that two men had forced their way in.
The householder, a man in his 40s, was threatened and locked himself in a bathroom where it is believed a gun was fired through the door.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
Officers arrived to find the man suffering from a gunshot wound to his leg and he was taken to hospital.