Nearly a third of drivers in East would fight parking fines
Would you challenge a parking fine? A survey has found that people in the East of England are among those most likely to contest a ticket.
A new survey of 3,000 drivers asked where in the country drivers are most likely to fight against a parking fine.
A total of 29.9% of motorists from East Anglia who took part in the survey, conducted by car leasing company Cars on Demand, said they would challenge a fine. This was one of the highest figures in the country.
Nationally, the survey found that 25.8% of Brits have challenged a parking fine. And it seems men are more likely to put up a fight – or, perhaps more believe they are in the right – as 28.6% of men would contest a parking fine, compared to 23% of women.
The survey also looked at what numbers of drivers would park in a disabled space without having have a disability.
This is considered an extremely selfish act, but unfortunately a lot of drivers do it, with the survey revealing that one in 10 drivers would park in a disabled space if they thought they could get away with it.
You may also want to watch:
Given that one in four Brits would contest a parking fine, it’s not surprising that the study revealed that 12% of drivers have actually argued with the traffic warden issuing a parking fine.
Also in the survey, 46.7% of drivers said they would struggle to pay a parking fine.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
Have your say in our poll about whether you would contest a parking ticket.