Third person charged with Colchester car park murder
- Credit: Archant
A third person has been charged with the murder of 56-year-old Martin Dines from Colchester.
Mark Hartley, 32, of New Kiln Road, Colchester, will appear before the town’s magistrates’ court today.
Essex Police launched a murder investigation following the discovery of a body at St Mary’s car park in Balkerne Hill, just before 9am on Monday, April 23.
The victim was later identified by police as Martin Dines, 56, from Colchester, who was believed to have been a member of the town’s rough sleeping community.
Two people were charged last week with Mr Dines’ murder and have been remanded to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, May 25.
You may also want to watch:
They are Heidi Kennedy, 46, of Queen Elizabeth Way, Colchester, and Darren Miller, 45, of no fixed abode.
A fourth person arrested on suspicion of murder was released under investigation.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's