Thomas Gainsborough School pupil wins through to Book Mastermind area final
- Credit: Archant
A Great Cornard student will put her literary knowledge to the test after progressing to the area final of this year’s Book Mastermind.
Rosemary Gray, a Year 7 pupil at Thomas Gainsborough School, won her school competition by answering questions on The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins in the book round.
She then scored a maximum nine points in the general knowledge round.
Heather Welch, Thomas Gainsborough School’s library manager, said: “All the finalists were superb in an extremely close competition and we all wish Rosemary well in the area final in a couple of months time.”
Heather also thanked all staff and students at the school who supported the competition, which aims to promote reading for enjoyment.
You may also want to watch:
Almost 300 students at the school, near Sudbury, took part in the class rounds of the competition with ten winning through to battle it out in the final.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest