Burglar who stole instant coffee and cigarettes jailed
- Credit: Archant
A burglar who stole instant coffee and cigarettes from convenience stores in Ipswich has been jailed.
Thomas Moore appeared before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday in connection with thefts from two stores.
The first incident happened shortly before 8pm on Monday, September 14 at the Co-op in Sheldrake Drive, where a man entered the store and left without paying for instant coffee.
At around 1am the following day, a number of cigarettes were stolen from McColl’s in Stoke Park Drive.
Moore was arrested in connection with the burglaries on Tuesday and taken to Martlesham police investigation centre for questioning before he was charged.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to 16 weeks in jail for burglary and was given a week to run concurrently for theft.
Moore was also ordered to pay £445.76 in compensation costs in relation to the burglary and a further £23 in compensation in relation to the theft.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln