Subaru Impreza driver clocked at 90mph in 50mph zone
- Credit: ARCHANT
A speeding driver has admitted travelling at 90mph through a 50mph stretch of the A14 in Suffolk.
Thomas Taylor admitted speeding through the post but was summonsed to court for magistrates to consider disqualification.
The 30-year-old's Subaru Impreza was clocked at 90mph on a laser speed detection device in a temporary 50mph stretch of the A14 at Bury St Edmunds.
Taylor, of Northfield Road, Onehouse, near Stowmarket, appeared before magistrates on Friday with a hitherto clean licence.
Prosecutor Alex Morrison told magistrates Taylor had been travelling too fast for a conditional offer of a fixed penalty to be issued.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates said they had taken into account Taylor's early admission of guilt for the offence, which took place on the eastbound carriageway of the road at about 9.50pm on June 2.
He was banned from driving for 30 days and fined £600.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 9 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge