Thomas the tortoise is safe and well
THOMAS the tortoise has been found safe and well.The 100 year old tortoise has made a habit of vanishing, only to turn up in the company of a female tortoise as the amorous mood takes him.
THOMAS the tortoise has been found safe and well.
The 100 year old tortoise has made a habit of vanishing, only to turn up in the company of a female tortoise as the amorous mood takes him.
His owner Roy Kerridge, from Forward Green near Stowmarket, is delighted the tortoise has been found on the road to Creeting St Peter 1.5 miles away about five weeks after he vanished.
Mr Kerridge, who has been putting posters up in the area in the hope of finding him, said: "He is fine, was with a couple from Creeting, picked up by the side of the road.
You may also want to watch:
"It's really good news. I suspect he was heading in a straight line for the bright lights of Stowmarket."
Thomas was brought to the UK by a returning First World War soldier, believed to be from the Mediterranean.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 10 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
He passed through various owners before arriving at the Kerridge family home about 15 years ago, when they inherited him after a death in the family.
Apart from being a bit hungry, Thomas is fine and was yesterday reunited with the Kerridge family.