Houses left without power overnight after serious road accident
- Credit: Archant
Houses in Thorpe Le Soken were left without power until this morning after a serious collision late last night.
Essex Police were called to Landmere Road, B1414, shortly before 11.30pm last night (Monday, August 24) tweeting that the road was closed and that it was likely to remain so for a while longer.
They added that UK Power Networks were on the scene and some houses would be without electricity until the scene was safe.
Drivers were asked to avoid the area.
Then, at around 5.30am this morning the police tweeted the road had been cleared and UK Power Networks were on the scene to get power restored to the area.
You may also want to watch:
According to the live power cut on the UK Power Networks website, it was restored at 6.45am.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln