Thorpeness: Teenager due in court after assault
A 19-YEAR-OLD will appear in court charged with three counts of assault by beating following an incident in a popular holiday hotspot.
Luke Abbott, of Harling Way in Leiston, is due to go before magistrates in Lowestoft this morning.
He has been charged with three counts of assault by beating following an incident in Thorpeness in the early hours of Saturday.
Police were called to Thorpe Road around 12.45am to reports of anti-social behaviour and an altercation.
Officers attended, along with the force helicopter, and three teenagers – a 15-year-old boy, a 16-year-old boy and the 19-year-old man - were arrested.
The later was subsequently charged with assaulting three separate people and was held in custody until his court appearance. The other two teenagers will face no further action.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 9 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong