Driver’s licence to be revoked after car crashed into Meare
- Credit: Archant
A man who was driving a car when it crashed through a fence into Thorpeness Meare failed an eye test at the side of the road and will now have his licence revoked.
Suffolk police were called to the beauty spot at 1pm on Sunday after they received reports that a Volvo had crashed into the water at the boating lake.
An ambulance attended the scene but the driver was not injured in the crash.
Following the incident, a man in his 80s failed an eye test and will now have his licence revoked by the DVLA.
A spokeswoman from Suffolk Constabulary said: “Police called at 1.00pm on Sunday, August 2 to reports of a single vehicle collision in Thorpeness.
You may also want to watch:
“A Volvo XC60 car had entered the Meare. No injuries were reported.
“The driver, a man in his 80s, failed a roadside eyesight test and his driving licence will be revoked.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 8 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
“The vehicle was recovered from the Meare a short time later.”