Thorrington: Driver in hospital after three-car crash near level crossing
- Credit: Archant
A DRIVER had to be cut free and taken to hospital after three cars collided by a level crossing.
Police, paramedics and fire crews were called to Station Road in Thorrington after a crash on the B1029 at around 8am this morning.
Police sealed off part of the area while fire crews cut out a driver from a silver Volkswagen Passat.
The motorist was taken to hospital suffering from whiplash. Police said they were minor injuries.
The incident happened just beyond a level crossing.
The other two vehicles included in the collision was a Citroen Zeta and a van. The driver of the van has been reported for careless driving.
British Transport Police are investigating the incident.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 4 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 7 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 8 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 9 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 10 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons