Thorrington: Nine-month-old baby girl dies following road collision
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A nine-month-old baby girl from Colchester has died following a collision in Thorrington.
The girl, who was airlifted from the scene on the B1027 Clacton Road to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge, died yesterday afternoon, Friday, August 23.
The collision, between a Land Rover and a Hyundai, happened at around 9.40am.
The girl’s mother was also airlifted to Addenbrookes where she remains in a serious but stable condition.
Three other children, all girls, were taken to Colchester General Hospital, along with a man. The children have all now been discharged while the man remains in hospital in a stable condition.
A 61-year-old man from St Osyth was arrested at the scene and has been released on police bail pending further enquiries until December 2.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR