Police seize £500,000 worth of cannabis plants in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Officers from Essex Police executed a drugs warrant in Witham earlier this week and seized more than 1,700 cannabis plants.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “Acting on concerns from the public, officers from the Braintree and Uttlesford Community Policing Team executed a warrant at a unit in Perry Road, Witham on June 5.
“The team found a sophisticated cannabis cultivation and seized a total of 1,707 cannabis plants believed to have a value of more than £500,000.”
Equipment used as part of the cannabis cultivation was also seized and is estimated to have cost more than £70,000.
The cannabis plants and all paraphernalia used to grow the drugs will be destroyed.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing in this investigation.
Anyone with concerns about drug dealing in Witham is asked to contact the Braintree and Uttlesford Community Policing Team through 101 or by reporting it on the Essex Police Website.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
Alternatively, you can make an anonymous report through Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 orwww.crimestoppers-uk.org.