Popular Tudor event to be held in west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
More than 250 costumed Tudors will recreate 16th-century life over ten days at a grand stately home in west Suffolk this month.
Kentwell Hall, in Long Melford, will host its Tudor Hands-On event from August 18-27, which immerses visitors into the smells, sounds and sights of how the Tudors lived.
There are more than 40 activities and action stations running throughout the event, and people can try their hand at everything from food preparation to candle making and butter churning.
Always popular attractions are the alchemist, where visitors can discover the wonders of science, the archers – with their longbow expertise – and the forgers, who use traditional bellows.
There will also be Tudor activity in the bakehouse, stillroom and needle room.
You may also want to watch:
The event is a great day out for all the family, and the house, gardens and farm are also open at Kentwell.
For more information, visit www.kentwell.co.uk
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'