Popular Tudor event to be held in west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
More than 250 costumed Tudors will recreate 16th-century life over ten days at a grand stately home in west Suffolk this month.
Kentwell Hall, in Long Melford, will host its Tudor Hands-On event from August 18-27, which immerses visitors into the smells, sounds and sights of how the Tudors lived.
There are more than 40 activities and action stations running throughout the event, and people can try their hand at everything from food preparation to candle making and butter churning.
Always popular attractions are the alchemist, where visitors can discover the wonders of science, the archers – with their longbow expertise – and the forgers, who use traditional bellows.
There will also be Tudor activity in the bakehouse, stillroom and needle room.
The event is a great day out for all the family, and the house, gardens and farm are also open at Kentwell.
For more information, visit www.kentwell.co.uk
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 9 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 10 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph