Three arrested after police chase ends with suspected stolen vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
A man and two teenagers were arrested after a police chase which began in Bury St Edmunds ended with a suspected stolen vehicle crashing into a bush.
Officers had reason to request a green Volkswagen to stop around 8.30pm on Thursday, March 28, near the Westley estate in the town.
The vehicle failed to stop and was then pursued by police to the A143 in Great Barton before hitting a bush near Thurston Road in the village.
A 21-year-old man from Cambridgeshire was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, failing to stop when directed and theft of a motor vehicle.
He was taken to hospital for a medical assessment and has since been bailed to return to police by April 24.
You may also want to watch:
Two teenage boys, a 17-year-old and 16-year-old, both from Bury St Edmunds, were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
Both have since been released from custody and will face no further action.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge