Three arrested on suspicion of hare coursing in Mickfield in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of hare coursing in Mickfield.
Police were called at around 1.50pm on Sunday, November 5, to reports of a group of men with dogs and a vehicle in fields to the north of the mid-Suffolk village.
Police units were sent to the scene and a green Skoda Octavia estate car was discovered.
Three men, aged 27, 39 and 42, all from Orpington in Kent, were subsequently detained on suspicion of hare coursing.
A police spokeswoman said: “The three men have been reported for consideration of the offence of trespassing in pursuit of game. “Four dogs and the vehicle have been seized under the Wildlife and Countryside Act.”
You may also want to watch:
If you witnessed the incident or have any information that could assist officers in their investigation contact the Stowmarket Neighbourhood Response Team on 101 quoting reference 71595/17.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes