Three arrested following assault in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been arrested in connection with an alleged assault that took place last night in Newmarket.
Police were called at 11.30pm by the Ambulance Service to reports that two men had sustained injuries following an assault.
The incident occured in an alleyway in New Cut following a reported altercation between the victims, two men in their twenties, and the perpetrators.
A police cordon was put in place.
While the victims were taken to hospital, none of the injuries sustained are thought to be life changing.
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, including two men, aged 62 and 18, and one woman, age 42.
They have been taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre, where they remain for questioning.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
In a statement, Suffolk police said: "This was an isolated incident and there is no wider threat to the public."
Anyone with information relating to the attack has been asked to contact Bury St Edmunds police.
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.