Three charged and two arrested in a anti-drink drive campaign launched three days ago
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged and two arrested in Essex during a Christmas anti-drink drive campaign that was launched three days ago.
Tommy Bishop, 24, of Kings Place, Buckhurst was arrested on December 1 and later charged. He was released on bail and will appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on December 16.
Pavels Popovs, a 37-year-old man from Dudley Close, Chafford Hundred, is charged with drink driving and Asadollah Zare, 38, from Cowpar Mews, Braintree has also been charged with failing to give a breath test. Both are due to appear at magistrates’ court on December 18.
Two more men have been arrested on suspicion of drink driving offences.
A 26-year-old man from Billericay was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving following a fatal crash on Roxwell Road, Chelmsford on December 1, and was further arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old man from Clacton was arrested on suspicion of being unfit to drive through drink or drugs after a collision in North Road, Great Clacton on December 2. Both have been released on bail.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?