Three go to hospital after large fire
THREE people and two cats had a lucky escape after a serious house fire in Newmarket today.The three occupants, a man, woman and young boy, were all taken to hospital following the blaze at the house in New Cheveley Road at 2am.
THREE people and two cats had a lucky escape after a serious house fire in Newmarket today.
The three occupants, two men and a woman, were all taken to hospital following the blaze at the house in New Cheveley Road at 2am.
It is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault in the living room.
Firefighters from Newmarket and Cambridgeshire arrived at the scene and rescued a man from a bedroom window as well as two cats. The younger man had jumped from a window to save himself and the woman had already been rescued by a neighbour before the crews arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The older man is believed to be in a serious condition.
The incident was over at 3.30am.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside