Three men bailed following suspected stabbings in Colchester
Three men arrested as part of an investigation into a series of suspected stabbings in Colchester town centre on Saturday night have been released on bail.
An 18-year-old and a 21-year-old have both been bailed until April 24 while a 17-year-old has been bailed until May 11.
The 17-year-old has separately been remanded to appear before Colchester Magistrates’ Court this morning for a breach of bail offence.
The arrests were in connection with a wave of disorder on Saturday which resulted in three people suffering suspected stab wounds and another being assaulted in less than 15 minutes.
At 6.17pm, Essex Police officers were called to St Botolph’s Street to reports that four men had attacked another man.
You may also want to watch:
Then, just five minutes later, officers found an 18-year-old London man in St John’s Green with suspected stab wounds to his shoulder.
It is thought he may have been attacked near Southway. He was taken to hospital for treatment and police subsequently arrested him on suspicion of possession of cannabis.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
At 6.27pm a 21-year-old man from Barking was found in North Hill with a stab wound to his leg. He is believed to have been attacked in the town’s High Street. He was taken to hospital for treatment and police arrested him on suspicion of violent disorder.
And just four minutes after that a 17-year-old man from London was found near the Jumbo car park at Balkerne Gardens with four suspected stab wounds to his arm.
He was also taken to hospital and police arrested him on suspicion of violent disorder, possession of cannabis and breach of bail conditions.
Police enquiries into the incidents are continuing and anyone who was in the town centre between 5.30pm and 6.30pm and saw any part of the disorder is asked to contact 101.