Three more patients test positive for coronavirus in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Three more patients have been diagnosed with coronavirus in Suffolk, bringing the total to 18.
The data, released by the Public Health England today, March 21, show that the number in Suffolk has risen by three, up from 15.
Despite the official daily figures it is widely accepted that there are more unconfirmed cases across the region and the country.
In Essex, the number of confirmed cases has now increased by eight, up to 53.
The total number of cases in the East of England increased by nearly a quarter, up from 221 to 274.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known who the people are or where they are being treated at this time.
MORE: Follow all of our coronavirus coverage hereThe total number of deaths in the UK rose to 281 today, with the Department of Health and Social Care announcing that 48 people in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have died due to the virus in the past 24 hours.
Latest data shows that the number of people with the disease in the UK now stands at 5,683.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs
One person has sadly died in Essex while receiving treatment at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.