Three remain in hospital in “serious” condition after three-car crash near Southwold
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Three people remain in hospital with “serious” injuries following a three-car crash near Southwold.
The crash happened at around 12.50pm on the A1095 on Sunday and police officers, police community support officers, fire crews, ambulance and the air ambulance attended the scene.
Four people from one vehicle were taken to different hospitals, two of them by air ambulance,
A Suffolk police spokeswoman this morning confirmed that a man, a woman, a teenage girl and a younger girl had been involved, with the man, woman and teenager having suffered “serious” injuries.
It is believed the young girl suffered bruising, with all still in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The crash involved a Chrysler, a Ford and a Peugeot, although all four injured were from one car.
The road was blocked between the A12 Blythburgh junction and the Mardle Road junction, Wangford, before re-opening at 5.35pm.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
The vehicles were removed from the scene at 4.45pm and taken for further examination.
Police are still appealing for witnesses to come forward, with anyone who has information asked to contact police on 101.