Three Sudbury teenagers arrested after Great Cornard arson
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers have been arrested and questioned by police on suspicion of a Great Cornard arson with intent to endanger life.
The 19-year-old woman, 19-year-old man and 16-year-old girl – all from the Sudbury area – have been bailed until February 26.
The fire in Queensway, Great Cornard, on January 12 was believed to have started at the ground-floor entrance to a first-floor flat.
Flames spread up the stairwell after it started at 9.20am. No one was harmed as a result of the fire, according to police.
The trio were arrested and taken to Bury St Edmunds police station for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
All three have been released on bail pending further enquires.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, was asked to contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 quoting reference 11848/16, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 10 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains