Three taken to hospital after accident
One person believed to be seriously hurt
TWO people have been freed from their vehicles after a collision in Somersham this evening.
The accident happened at about 6.21pm outside Walnut Tree Cottage on Main Road in the village.
Firefighters were called to the scene to free two trapped motorists involved in the crash with one cyclist.
One crew from Needham Market, one from headquarters and a rescue tender from Princes Street fire station attended.
You may also want to watch:
Three ambulance crews treated two walking wounded, the cyclist is believed to have sustained cuts and bruises and one person is believed to have been seriously injured in the accident.
All three people have been taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said one person is believed to have serious injuries, though it is not known the extent of the injuries.
The road is closed from the junction of Church Lane and diversions are in place.
Check this website for updates.